14 September 2009

One Scoop or Two?


Blue like the sky,

or the tiles of a 1970s public swimming pool,

first creamy,

then frothy,

one scoop or two?


At a push, this is edible but I can easily restrain myself. While it looks indeed very appetizing, the above is not ice cream but home-made... play-dough! It is so easy to make I wonder why I ever bought this stuff. You need:

1/2 cup of salt
1 cup of flour
1 cup of water
2 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 teaspoon cream of tartar
food colouring

Mix the ingredients in a saucepan, heat up gently all the while stirring to get from the luscious creamy texture seen above to a thickish paste. You need very little heat, I used a hot plate which I had just turned off. Your dough is ready in no time, you need to knead it to make it supple and store it in an airtight container. Anyone for raspberry? Lemon?

No comments: