14 December 2009

Three Stars

You may have noticed that I spend a lot of time baking for Christmas. Maybe I should clarify that while as a family we are, admittedly, fond of food, this is not just for our own consumption but a nice home-made present for friends. Now there is one person who has introduced me to a marvellous new biscuit - new for me, at least - and deserves a little thank you for that. So these three stars are for you, Amelia!
PS. If you want to recreate this, bake Amelia's Ovis Mollis, cut into star shapes and fill with a mixture of jam and honey. Cranberry fits the season perfectly, although my taste buds prefer strawberry in this biscuit - the ideal use for cranberry jam, if you ask me, is spread on scones with creme fraiche. But if you go for cranberry, make your own: gently heat up equal amounts of cranberries and sugar, until the sugar dissolves, then boil rapidly for a few minutes until it begins to set. What could be easier?

2 comments:

Amelia PS said...

Thank you Zeralda!!! that is so sweet of you to reference me :)

Zeralda said...

Of course! By the way, I found a use for those egg whites, too. I stuff them with halved cherry tomatoes, sprinkle with fresh herbs, and serve as a starter or side dish.